Cost: $14 + GST
May be completed in more than one session
Presenter: Rapid Global
This course will consider the privacy issues which affect your day-to-day operations, as well as an overview of the legal framework which sets the rules in this area. The Privacy Act 1988 underwent significant amendments which took effect on 12 March 2014, therefore it is important that you familiarise yourself with your new obligations with respect to privacy.
This course will cover the following topics:
- The legal framework for privacy law in Australia
- Why privacy is an important issue in today’s business environment
- Why it is important for all staff to understand a business’ privacy obligations
- The content of the new Australian Privacy Principles
- What constitutes a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the importance of individuals’ rights to privacy
- Demonstrate an understanding of the new Australian Privacy Principles
- Understand how to properly collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
- Implement practices to avoid a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles.